A Window

From here at my window
I see last year's sparrows flit from the trees
They are drawn to your sweet breath
As you force a path through the fallen leaves

Darkness is falling over our garden
A shadow falls over your heart-shaped face
The birds retreat over the blacked hills
Night plunder any sound from this place

Oh, darling sing me all those songs of sorrow
Sing me all those broken lullabies
And we'll rail against the silence
And against those midnight skies

Whisper slowly that you love me
And we'll lay all those dogs to rest
Hold my hand for those ghosts to see
And lay your head down upon my chest

Shafts of light splinter our garden
The sparrows return to dance in the trees
As we tread a path, hand-in-hand
Through our garden and the fallen leaves


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tidal Song

The Lost Art of Storytelling